Friday, July 24, 2009

Back posting again

I haven't been posting for a long while, but it has it's reason. I have been tired of pool, and it's summer, and I haven't been playing myself more than twice in the last 3 or 4 months. Both times were tournaments in Bergen.

The tournaments didn't end too well for me, but I had lots of fun and it was great to play pool again. But when I got home I just didn't have the desire and motivation to practice. I still haven't 100 % motivation, but I'll start practicing again very soon.

As of now, the World Games is being played in Taiwan, at www.wpapoolonline.com. My favourite, Line Kjorsvik, didn't make it, and lost 9-8 in the quarterfinal after being up 8-7. I was sweating the rack-by-rack update on the website, but luckily Ralf Souquet was able to provide me with live-reports through chat after each ball made during the last racks. That was fun, and I think he will be a good commentator when he is no longer able to compete at the highest level. (In like 30 years :D)

If any of you are interested in buying a great pooltable, I have one for sale. It's not the one in my private room, but it's a beautiful Brunswick Gold Crown IV, 2005-model, in black & chrome. 9ft, tight pockets.

Drop me a message if interested.

Here's a pic of what the table looks like, brand new.




1 kommentarer:

Anonymous said...

If Line would stop dropping the ball -she could take one of these down - had Rademakers 6-1 in EPC and lost - opportunity to get 14.1 Gold in 2008 EPC etc.

Bobby McGee

How I practice

Most of the time I practice by playing the Ghost in 9-ball or 10-ball. Sometimes I line up difficult shots or safeties that I have been struggling with, and the rest of the time I am normally using on the system called PAT.

I am using PAT (Playing Ability Test) to test my skills and to see progress, and it is really working great for me.

I have bought the books and DVD's on Amazon, and I recommend it to all players who wants to raise their game to another level.

PAT consists of 4 different levels, from amateurs to professionals. As a side-note, top-players such as Jasmin Ouschan and Thorsten Hohmann uses PAT on a regular basis.

The best part of PAT is that the majority of drills in the books/videos are situations that you often will face in a match. Nothing pleases me more than be in such a situation knowing that I have practiced this and fires it in with confidence.

Check out my Billiard Store and buy the books/dvd's that suits your level!

Streaming from tournaments & challenge-matches, LIVE & recorded